Thanks for coming to the Contact Us Page! Give us a shout. We promise your information will be protected and someone at BumeBox who cares about your needs will get back to you as soon as humanly possible.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for the following open positions:
Web Application Developer
We are hiring a full-time front-end designer/developer to join our small team, building social experiences for enterprise customers.
Experience with responsive designs for multi-platform (web and mobile) is a must. Strong forward-looking design sensibility and aesthetic are essential. Social and consumer-facing product experience is key.
BumeBox is located in Palo Alto, CA.
You will be working with our designers, to understand and shape the application interface. Your main responsibility is building the application interfaces in HTML/CSS/JS, utilizing Compass, Sass, and Foundation. You will be working with backend integration engineers to ensure the integration with the backend is smooth and fast, and works well with our real-time backend. You will also be reviewing tools and libraries to improve the quality, speed, and robustness of our applications. You will be maintaining your code, fixing bugs, in addition to new project work.
- Experience building interfaces and applications from a static (PSD) design
- Strong Compass, Sass, responsive grids like Foundation, Susy, etc.
- Experience building mobile web applications.
- Knowledge of social network appplications a plus.
- iOS application developement a plus.
- We are not able to cover relocation expenses.
- SF Bay Area Applicants only.
We are looking for a Production Engineer; If you have a 'triple threat' toolbox consisting of expertise in software develompent, Linux systems/administration, and networking, you are what we need!
The ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity of not only keeping up with our current scaling demands, but also laying the groundwork of various tools, automation, and processes from scratch along the way. We operate at a very rapid pace with our deployments, but are also in growth mode and really just getting started. As the experts of our production systems and applications, the person in this position provides guidance to the other software develompent teams within BumeBox for fault-tolerance, performance and scalability.
We offer you a unique blend of experience: to work in our current fast-paced environment, with application deployments to some of the most well-known brand names in the world, as well as being able to impact the direction BumeBox will take on the systems, architecture, and reliability aspects of our applications.
BumeBox is located in Palo Alto, CA.
- Datacenter replication, and continuous deployment architecture for multiple high-traffic websites
- Tooling for 1000+ node commodity compute clusters,
- Monitoring/alerting software for a global application infrastructure.
- 'Cloud automation' and provisioning software, including Cloudformation, boto, etc.
- AWS-based technologies: EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Cloudfront, Route53, etc.
- Open source implementations including Redis, puppet, Hadoop, MongoDB, Storm, OpenStack, etc.
- Active participation in design and code reviews with product development teams
- Operations, scaling, and troubleshooting for all mission-critical systems, applications, and data pipelines
- Passionate, self-driven
- Strong understanding of Linux administration and automation techniques
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to manage live, large-scale systems
- Fluency in one or more programming or scripting languages (e.g., Java/C++, Python/Perl/bash/Ruby)
- Knowledge of networking protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, alternate technical major, or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Comfortable participating in 24/7 on-call rotation
Nice to have
- Understanding of performance, scalability and reliability problems at large scale (thousands of processing and storage units) a plus
- Experience with system configuration-management systems (e.g., CFEngine, Puppet, Chef) a plus
- Bay area applicants only
- We are not able to cover relocation expenses
Client Services Associate
We’re looking for a Client Service superstar who thrives in a small team environment and is committed to going above and beyond to foster client relationships and help the team succeed. This position will be located in our Palo Alto office.
About the Job
- Own and manage client relationships, including internal resource management, project timeline execution, and event support
- Work closely with engineering team and business development to ensure client needs are met and team has full visibility into client initiatives
- Analyze and present event data to continually improve best practices
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the BumeBox platform and client goals
- You are customer-oriented, engaging, energetic, and excited to be the face of BumeBox
- You are able to work independently within a small, tightly knit team
- You are proactive, organized, detail oriented, and reliable
- You are competitive, comfortable under pressure, and committed to contributing to the overall success of the team
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You want to be part of a fast-paced start-up, and are able to work nights, weekends, and odd hours when need be
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong interest in social media
- Strong interest in television media
- General familiarity with internet marketing and advertising
- Located in the Bay Area and able to commute to Palo Alto
Please send a resume and cover letter if interested in applying for the position.